Having a good memory is a unique ability. It allows to remember the necessary things without checking somewhere. Human brain is like a closet where each shelf contains information and if you need to remember something you just need to open up one of those shelves.
In everyday life one can listen this phrase a lot: “He/She is so lucky, he/she has a good memory”. How the difference between people’s memories is defined and how it can be improved?
Like our body, our brain too is in constant need of occupation and exercises. A good memory is not only a gift, but also it needs to be trained.
“In case of not being trained, memory weakens” – Cicero
- Make associations. The more you associate things with your life the easier they will be remembered.
- Try to remember by yourself. Try to memorize the phone number instead of immediately opening your notebook.
- Summarize your day before sleeping. Try to remember what you have done. Analyze the day.
- Learn poetry. A 4 lines poem a day is enough. Repeat the one you have learned the day before and then learn a new one.
- Repeat what you have learnt. By doing so the information will become easier to find later.
- Learn languages. By enhancing your language skills, you enlarge your vision and brain abilities.
- Engage yourself in sport. It has a directly connection with the development of mental abilities.
- Listen to music. It has a positive impact on brain’s functioning. The most preferable music genre is classical music.
- Sleep right. Your brain needs time to handle all the processes.
- If you are right-handed, try to do usual things with your left hand and vice versa. By doing so you will train your brain’s other hemisphere.
- After watching a fiction movie analyze it from the beginning to the very end.
- Walk a lot and follow your diet.
- Fall in love . At that time nitrogen oxide is being produced in your blood, which can restore the damaged vessels, improve logic and help with fast thinking.
So, start using these tools and see the results by yourself.